I’m so excited…I think I have finally narrowed down the textiles and paint for my living room. I am doing coral and navy. Here are a few of the things going in there. The fabric on the right will be curtains. It was a hard choice because since I needed 9 yards to do the high curtains I needed a very affordable fabric. I love the one I chose though. The darker paint color is a Martha Stewart color (zinc) and it is painted in the dining room where we are also doing wainscotting, which is visible from the living room…I love it! The lighter gray is called Repose Gray by Sherwinn Williams. I haven’t gotten it up yet so I will let you know the review once it is up, but after many samples I think it will be a good choice for the look I want. And of course when I am done there will be some photos.
I generally think of color first when starting a room. I am inspired by many rooms that use just one color in addition to the neutrals, but I usually tend to use more then one.
Check out these living rooms and tell me…which do you prefer?
Ok…I gotta be honest, upholster and affordable, generally do not go in the same category. Many people are surprised to find that it costs about the same price to buy a new couch as it does to reupholster one. With that being said…much of the vintage furniture is very well made and has a great shape. Or there may be a spot in your home that needs a perfect fabric that you have found. These times call for a re-upholsterer. In many cases you may be willing to spend the extra money, but if it is a small spot in your home and you are a budget shopper here are some things to keep in mind when searching craigslist for something to have recovered in your favorite fabric…
1. Many upholstery places charge about $50 a yard (that’s a good deal). This means if it will take 5 yards to recover your chair you are looking to pay $250 plus fabric for it.
2. Loose cushions are good! A loose cushion can have a new cover made for less then $25. The majority of people that sew can make a cushion cover, especially if they have an old cushion cover to use as a pattern.
3. Look for small attached areas on the piece. Small= less yardage.
Here are a few examples of some chairs and sofas that would be very
Today I am doing a giveaway! The winner will get to choose two pillow covers from the following fabrics. They will be zipper closure in either 16″, 18″, or 20″ size (you choose).
There are 4 chances to enter this giveaway…
1. Leave a comment here
2. Become a follower to abodecasahome.blogspot.com (find the follow button on the right side of this page)
3. Like Abode Casa Home on facebook (also on the right side of this page)
4. Tell a friend (you know…one that loves free stuff) about this giveaway. Just leave another comment here letting me know that you told a friend!
This giveaway is now CLOSED!
Thanks for stopping by!